Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Design 9 lobes of the brain

Artists, we need to create 9 lobes of the brain for the brain map. It looks like this will be a high priority. We need to have a pretty decent looking map so the programmers can design the neural network. Assignments will be:

3 lobes each for Max, Hayden, and Jack. We can probably take a good cross section of the brain like the one Jack made and cut it into more evenly divided lobes. That or we will have to draw our own brain. Let me how you want to do this. It might be easiest to draw our own brain with 9 evenly divided lobes. Let me know what you think!

Sky can continue working on character art (let me know if you can do more!).

Update: Brain's Done
Regions
Region access (cyan) and starting locations (red)

9 comments:

  1. I think I am going to stick with Maya for animating characters. It is pretty easy to get all set up. I will show you later on how to animate. We must concentrate on designing the lobes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm all for the 9 section map. Then we can use general ideas for what happens in each lobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! It's coming along great and will be super fun to get everything pieced together the next few weeks =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I uploaded a new, smoothed out small version of the sign man that can be used for... whatever. Also going to produce the female today and pursue some animation ideas from home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, as an after thought, do we want females? More along the lines of, if they're included, will we be fair in how many male versus female ideas we pursue? They're a bit harder to work with because the bodies take up more space, so I want to double-check. All of my "female" ideas could just as easily be animated on the male body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Currently we have six lobes, it shouldn't be hard to divide up some of the larger lobes to get to 9.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As in of today, Hayden is assigned to the frontal lobes, Max to the central lobes, and me in the bottom three lobes (brain stem, temporal lobe, and cerebellum).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dunno about your question sky. If it would be funnier with female characters I think we need them, but if the gags work with male models we could be doing too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blake, did that shape work that I gave you or do I need to fix it?

    ReplyDelete