Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Insanity Sandbox

New assignments:

We are continuing to work on sketches, new ideas, and exploring programming ideas. However, we need to move to Unity to create a super simple sandbox. Making the game fun is essential. Unit movement, deployment and combat with simple shapes will be something for first playable.

- Strong controls
- Cobbling OK
- Spawning Units
- Sending Units to rally
- Assign Rally

Assignments:

Programmers: Start working with movement, shapes, and adding rigid bodies for collision.

Blake: integrate combat into unity
Adam: pathing and movement
James: interface control
Brenden: sandbox, spawning units, set up repository on google code

Artists: sketches, use maya to make simple shapes to import into Unity.

Max: Maya Models, Unity
Jack: Maya Models, sketching
Hayden: Maya Models, gameplay design, crazy ideas
Sky: Maya models, sketching

We will use Unity to test to see if this is FUN!!! Marty said our ideas have to be tested and FUN!!!

7 comments:

  1. Please check the blog for the assignment post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking for something along this line for the pre-alpha unit stats:

    V.1: ATK: 2 DEF: 2
    V.2: ATK: 1 DEF: 3
    V.3: ATK: 3 DEF: 1

    Mind that all three are variants of the basic unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like where Jack is going with this. For the sandbox, I think we should design a quick combat mockup. We will have one wave meet another wave and see who wins. Each wave will have different units to check balancing. Also, units will be either be a cube, sphere, or pyramid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have posted the assignments for the Insanity sandbox. Please adjust if I have it wrong. Please have a new idea for gameplay due by Sunday!!! Were going to have a skype meeting on sunday at noon. Is this ok? Please let me know! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday at noon won't ever be a good time for me, last week I got lucky. I emailed everyone a new gameplay idea that I hijacked from Brendan, you should check it out and let me know what you think.

    Could we do a saturday meeting again? Or sunday evening?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would everyone be good for sunday evening around 4 or 5?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That works for me. Noon wouldn't work so well.

    ReplyDelete